Monday, May 31, 2010

My Birthday Hike

For my birthday my parents and sister and I went to Multnomah Falls to go on a hike. I found a recommended hike online at this site which warned it was moderate in difficulty but that didn't scare me. The hike was 4.9 miles with an elevation gain of 1600 feet. Literally, the first 2 hours or so of the hike was uphill. The hike took us past 10 named waterfalls and countless cascades and intermittent falls. It was a loop following the Wahkeena Trail for the majority of the time.


Isn't Oregon beautiful with so much green?!?
Fairy Falls:
View of the Columbia River:
Wahkeena Springs (Brittany and I drank from the spring, it was great tasting water):

Ecola Falls:
Little Multnomah Falls:
Multonomah Falls:
Multnomah Falls and Benson Bridge:


After this spectacular hike we headed to Red Robin where I got my free birthday burger. It was a great day and a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment